Sunday, December 14, 2014

Clean Weight Room is a Happy Weight Room



Clean Weight Room is a Happy Weight Room
            All the time I have to clean up my weight room, which I have in my basement, and I always get frustrated because I have tons of equipment but not a lot of room to store it.  This is a constant problem with home gyms, but you have to learn to be creative with storing your weights and equipment.  This is a post on some creative way to store your stuff with just a little bit of space to keep it all.
            I for one, have a lot of different weight bars, I have lat bars, bench press bars, EZ curl bars, face pull bars, and I even have a few bars for your forearms and one for your shoulders.  So what I decided to do was I took a big board of plywood, screwed shelving track on it, screwed it to the wall of my weight room and added shelf brackets to hang all of my bars on, so that they are on the wall and not on the floor.  It is very cheap and actually looks cool in your weight room.  It is a nice idea because you can customize it to whatever you want and put it in whatever desired location you want in your gym. 
            Another thing that you can do is to buy some weight racks that are sold just about everywhere.  They keep all your weights nice and organized and one rack can hold hundreds of pounds on it of weight.  Also if you home gym is like mine and used to be a bedroom, you can even use the closet and shelves in there to hold equipment.
            These are just a few suggestions to try to keep your weight room looking nice and clean all the time.  Of course, the options are different depending on your circumstances.  Remember, we’re all in this together, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment